Border control at the internal border is extended until June 12 this year
The border with Germany, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Lithuania can only be crossed at designated places. Controls will continue at sea ports and airports. Restrictions on the entry of foreigners into Poland are also maintained.
Where can you cross the Polish border?
The internal border can be crossed:
on the border with Germany:
- through road crossings - Jędrzychowice, Olszyna, Świecko, Krajnik Dolny, Kołbaskowo, Świnoujście-Garz, Zgorzelec, Gubin, Słubice, Kostrzyn nad Odrą;
- on foot - Zgorzelec, Gubin, Słubice, Kostrzyn nad Odrą;
on the border with Lithuania: Budzisko, Ogrodniki;
on the border with Slovakia: Barwinek, Chyżne;
on the border with the Czech Republic:
- through road crossings - Cieszyn-Chotĕbuz, Gorzyczki, Nowe Chałupki, Kudowa Słone, Trzebina, Jakuszyce, Gołkowice, Lubawka, Głuchołazy and in:
- Wiechowice - from Monday to Friday between 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. 13:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Pietrowice - from Monday to Friday from 7:00 to 9:00, 14:00 to 15:00, 20:00 to 22:00,
- Boboszów - from Monday to Sunday between 4:00 and 8:00, 12:00 and 16:00, 20:00 and 24:00,
- Zawidów - from Monday to Sunday between 4:00 and 8:00, 12:00 and 16:00, 20:00 and 24:00,
- on foot - Cieszyn-Český Tĕšín (Friendship Bridge).
On the border with Russia, Belarus and Ukraine, border traffic has been significantly reduced. The border with Russia can only be crossed in Bezledy and Grzechotki, the border with Belarus - in Kuźnica, Bobrowniki and Terespol, and with Ukraine - in Dorohusk, Korczowa, Hrebenne and Medyka (only in pedestrian traffic).
Who can enter Poland?
- citizens of the Republic of Poland,
- foreigners who are spouses or children of citizens of the Republic of Poland or remain under their constant care,
- foreigners holding a Polish Card,
- heads of diplomatic missions and members of the mission's diplomatic and consular staff, i.e. persons with a diplomatic rank and members of their families,
- foreigners who have the right of permanent or temporary residence on the territory of the Republic of Poland,
- foreigners who have the right to work in the territory of the Republic of Poland, i.e. foreigners entitled to work under the same conditions as Polish citizens, who have a work permit, a certificate of entry in the register regarding seasonal work, a statement on entrusting work to a foreigner on the territory of the Republic of Poland who:
- perform work on the territory of the Republic of Poland or
- present documents showing that taking up work will start immediately after crossing the border;
- foreigners who run a means of transport for the transport of persons or goods, and their transit takes place as part of their professional activities consisting in the transport of goods or the transport of persons,
- pupils and students studying in Poland,
- citizens of EU, EEA or Swiss Member States and their spouses and children, for the purpose of crossing the territory of the Republic of Poland, lasting no more than 12 hours from the moment of crossing the border of the Republic of Poland, to their place of residence or stay.
- drivers performing road transport as part of international road transport or international combined transport traveling in transit through the territory of the Republic of Poland by other means of transport than the vehicle used for road transport:
- to receive rest on the territory of the country of stay
- after receiving the rest referred to above and after a break in the performance of work in the circumstances specified in the Act on drivers' working time.
In particularly justified cases, not included above, the commander of the Border Guard post, after obtaining the consent of the Chief of Border Guards, may allow foreigners to enter the territory of the Republic of Poland.